Right-of-way valuation, or corridor appraisal, requires unique methodologies, skills, and corridor factor data rarely found among appraisal firms. Corridor appraisal methodologies used include “across-the-fence” and “corridor factor” analysis. Selecting and utilizing the appropriate methodology given the appraisal problem at hand is of the utmost importance. Equally important is the ability to review appraisals and analyze methodologies used by others, and provide consulting and advisory services backed up by credible expert witness testimony when the need arises. JRES provides a variety of right-of-way and corridor services:
- Value individual properties or consulting on appraising rights of way and corridors
- Consult and advise regarding identification of the larger parcel for eminent domain appraisal
- Select appropriate valuation methodology including across the fence or corridor factor analysis
- Conduct due diligence into property specific physical, legal, and governmental constraints
- Evaluate property value trends over historical time periods
- Review appraisal reports and provide expert witness testimony
To speak with an expert in right-of-way valuation or corridor appraisal, please call 303-388-1100 or fill out our contact form.