When a government body exercises the power of eminent domain to acquire all or part of a property for public use appraisals are used to determine just compensation paid to the owner. Â Government bodies or agencies and property owners obtain independent appraisals.
James Real Estate Services has over 20 years of experience in eminent domain appraisal and provides litigation support for a multitude of property types and client types.
Our team of experts can:
- Value individual properties or consult on appraisal of rights of way and corridors to acquire multiple properties
- Consult and advise regarding identification of the “larger parcel” for eminent domain appraisal
- Select appropriate valuation methodology given the appraisal problem
- Conduct due diligence into property specific physical, legal, and governmental constraints
- Evaluate property value trends over historical time periods
- Review appraisal reports and provide expert witness testimony
To speak with an eminent domain expert, please call 303-388-1100 or fill out our contact form.